How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was given a citation for child abuse after my daughter went

This answer was rated:

I was given a citation for child abuse after my daughter went missing for roughly thirty minutes because the police were incorrectly informed by construction workers who had seen my daughter that she was in their sight a block away from my house for 45 minutes. What do I need to take to court, and should I hire legal representation?

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Is it child abuse, negligence or abandonment, please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It says "Failure to supervise" on the citation paper

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Also, we had called the police ourselves to report her missing within 10 minutes of realizing she was gone. Based on our timeline, there was absolutely no way she could have been outside for 45 minutes, let alone where she was found


Thank you for this information.

I suggest that you will want to at least consult with a local attorney as this could lead to child protective services getting involved and you do not want that - you do not want to be placed on a "watch list" so to speak

A local attorney, or if you qualify the public defender, should be able to nip this in the bud and get it dismissed
Sam and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you