How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had an agreement with a dental clinic in Coral Springs,

This answer was rated:

I have had an agreement with a dental clinic in Coral Springs, FL. I paid for the evaluation $85.00 to have the total value of the services of $4,550.00 on condition that all services and pieces be fixed before my departure overseas, i.e. on August 12, 2013 at 2:00PM (a crown and 3 pontics). On 12th of August 2013 at 2:00 pm I was there. I waited for one hour to be surprised and come to know that the Laboratory did not deliver the pieces. I was very upset because I have four provisional (temporary) pieces fixed on my teeth. The Clinic called the Lab and nobody answered. I have paid them all the amount and I was told that they will refund the amount back to my credit card not later than 48 hours. I left and I am now overseas without the pieces because the Clinic failed to have them ready. I have checked my credit card account and no refund received yet. My question: If they do not refund me, what do I have to do? Thanks - Nafez

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

I am sorry to hear that the Dentist was not able to fulfil the job as agreed because of a 3rd party

I suggest you will want to file a dispute with your Credit Card company based on the promise to credit the money back.

The credit card company should be able to credit your card.

If it comes to a point where you are not refunded, then upon your return to the states, I suggest you will need to file a small claims lawsuit. And you can do that yourself with the forms that the Clerk of the Court in the county where the Dentist is located. Go there and request the forms.

Hopefully, however, this will be resolved so that you do not have to bring it to court.

Sam and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you