How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have 2 sons incarcerated having been convicted of aggravated

This answer was rated:

i have 2 sons incarcerated having been convicted of aggravated malicious wounding. Appeals have been denied. We contacted a lawyer about the possibilty of habeas corpus. He has looked at the transcripts, etc. and says the case has merit. However, we cannot afford the $25k for him to proceed. Also, the date for filing is 9/12. Is there any help for us. They were sentenced to 10 years and have served @ 2 years. Many thanks for any assistance or advice you can give us. We are desparate.

Hi, MaryAnn, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.


The American Bar Association has a list of organizations which provide free legal services or very low cost legal services for each State. For Virginia organizations which provide these services, please click on the link below:



Please remember to leave a positive rating. Thank you,


Please be kind enough to rate "Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,


Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,




Andrea, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you