Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If I need a lawyer to review a contract, what area of expertise

If I need a lawyer to review a contract, what area of expertise should I look for in the Attorney? '

I have a piece of property and they are drilling near by my land for oil/gas here in Texas, which I have the mineral rights. They are sending a contract for some potential oil/gas under the land I own.

Should I look for an Oil & Gas Attorney to review the contract?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

If I need a lawyer to review a contract, what area of expertise should I look for in the Attorney?

You would look under the following areas of law:

"business"
"contract law"
"general practice."

If this is oil and has relates, then "oil and gas" should also be an option.

The answer is yes. Oil and gas contracts are notoriously complex and it is highly recommended to have an attorney review it before signing anything.

May I recommend the Texas Bar referral program - here. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.

Best of luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)