How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend in Colorado who has a car left by her deceased

This answer was rated:

I have a friend in Colorado who has a car left by her deceased friend. She can't find the car title. The deceased friend had car title in California. Please tell how my friend from Colorado can get the car title? Thank you.
Dear Customer,

The way to get title moved will be to start with getting title moved from the decedent's estate to the friend's name in California. You can find information on how to do that here:

As there is no current title, your friend will need to apply for duplicate title from the DMV to get this process started:

After title has been transferred from the estate to the friend in California, your friend can then transfer title from California to Colorado:

I hope that my answer was of assistance to you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you for your business!
CalAttorney2 and 11 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you