Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

My wife has recently got the US immigration visa and will travel

My wife has recently got the US immigration visa and will travel into the USA on 6th August, can she enter the country with an amount of around 30,000.00 USD and her jewelry which is around 10,000.00 USD or how can she get into the country with no issues so that later the IRS will not tax her?
Thank you

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Your wife will not have a problem with the Internal Revenue Service if she is bringing money into the United States. The Internal Revenue Service is concerned with money leaving the United States, So, the individuals who are leaving the United States with more than $10,000 are those who get into trouble.

_____________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So she can come into the country with all this money with no problem? Please note that I will be travelling with her as well maybe this is something to consider.

Thank you for your reply, Emad,

I must add something to the Answer I gave you. There are no restrictions as the any amount of money that someone can bring into the United States. However, the US is concerned about drug trafficking and money laundering. Therefore, you and your wife must be able to identify the source of the money, for example, you sold a house you owned outside the United States and the $30,000 are the proceeds of the sale, or any similar source. Any amounts over $10,000 must be declared on Customs Declaration Form 6059B and on Currency Form "FinCen 105".

_______________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX last verification, I already have a green card and have landed in the US a few years back, and my wife is just arriving for the first time, do we make 2 declaration forms or only one.

When anyone comes into the United States, they are given a Customs form while they are still on the airplane. So, you will still get a Customs form to fill out, but only one of you should declare the money,

_____________________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA