How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117361
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 70 years old. My neighbor is in his 30s. He threatens

This answer was rated:

I am 70 years old. My neighbor is in his 30's.
He threatens me, he yells at me, he bullies me
he talks about me to my neighbors and defames
my character, he even called the police on me when
he thought I was taking his picture. He works for
Dania Beach, Fl as a senior code enforcer. He does
these things while wearing their shirt and driving their
pick up with their emblem. Once while driving I was
crossing the street with my little doggie, he came barroling
around the turn, almost hit me and tried to drive over my
doggie. I yelled slow down, he yelled back f**k You. I
reported some of the things to his boss and they couldn't
care less. All they want to know is, "Was he wearing our shirt?"
I would like to sue Dania Beach since he is representing them and
is always wearing their garb. Do I have a case?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If he is driving their vehicle and wearing their uniform you can report him to his employer, but you really do not have a case against the employer as he is not within the course and scope of his employment such that they can get dismissed from any suit. If you can prove he is on duty when doing these things and causes you injury then you could sue his employer Dania Beach as he is on the clock and they are responsible for his conduct while working. You have a right if he is harassing you to sue him directly and seek to get a restraining order against him for the way he is harassing you. Furthermore, you can file a complaint against him with Adult Protective Services for him harassing the elderly.

The problem with suing his employer and not him, you would have to prove he has actually injured you. The harassment issue that he is engaging in you would have to bring against him directly in court and seek a restraining order against him directly.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There are other instances of harassment and I have a witness to them. If anything happens again I was looking at Florida Statute 825.102 can I have him arrested? Will he be able to sue me if he is arrested and loses his job. This harassment has been going on for 2 years.

Thank you for your response.

If he is engaging in the aggressive behavior that would inflict or reasonably be expected to inflict psychological injury to you, then you could seek to pursue charges against him through Adult Protection Services or the DA, since it seems your local police do not want to really be involved from what you are saying.

If you have him arrested, as long as you do not do so falsely, he cannot sue you and win anything for you making a valid complaint of his violation of the law.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much for your advice. On Monday I will

go over to the court house and see if I can get a restraining order against him. He carries a gun and I am truly afraid of him. I never answer him back for that reason and also I do not want to have any confrontation with him. I will also call Adult Protective Services to protect myself and this way he will know I am not playing a game with him.


Again, thank you so much.


Marcy Bernstein


Thank you very much. I hope you get this worked out because nobody should have to go through this in their own neighborhood.

Please do not forget to click on excellent service feedback as that is the only way the experts get any credit for the time spent with you.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, no further questions at this time.

Thank you very much.