Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions
How About her husband (XXXX) that she mentioned is close to the Mayor and has a lot of political ties and during her threat she mentions him several times that he has the power and ties with the media she will destroy our business Can I work him into the Investigation maybe send an additional letter regarding him since his name was mentioned several times as leverage to get us to pay, maybe this will get him to tell her he don't want his name tarnished leave them alone. He supposedly is one of the 50 top lawyers in the US I really don't think he knows what she is doing!!
What in these few actions she took in your opinion
would hold water or in other words appear or be illegal or unethical?
1. She came to our office unannounced and dropped off a unfilled Law suite
2. she came to our office a second time and threatened us for $30,000.00
to settle before she files
3. She lied and made accusations about us (me and MY PARTNER) on paper and in person until she found out later that the names she was investigating were not us but the people she investigated had the
same first and last names.
4. Left a second corrected unfilled lawsuit leaving out the disparaging statements about people she mixed up to be us
5. Made several other calls to us afterwards demanding the money