Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In the state of Mo. I filled a law suite in small clames court

In the state of Mo. I...
In the state of Mo.
I filled a law suite in small clames court and was awarded a judgement. The car company, a corportion, filled a Trial De Novo using a employiee to get me back into court.
The new judge over turnrd the rulling in there favor. Can I appeial this and get back into court.
8/1/2013
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Yes, you have 10 days to file a notice of appeal in the court that issued the judgment and 30 days from the date of this judgment to file your appeal to the next higher court from the one you were just in. You would then have to write an appeal brief with your facts of the case, your issues on appeal and your case law or statutes that support your arguments as to why you are right and the judgment should be vacated.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney