Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If I have a child outside the marriage would that be consider

Customer Question
a clause of infidelity? Even...
If I have a child outside the marriage would that be consider a clause of infidelity? Even thou I file a legal separation letter
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Legal
8/1/2013
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 4 years ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

Before we begin, a bit more detail would be helpful please.

Which state?

How is the infidelity relevant to your situation?

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
I've been married for 13 years, however things hasnt worked out good the last 7 years. I've seen someone for the last 3 months, and now It looks like she wants a baby. I have not problem with that, but would that be consider a clause of infidelity? Even thou last week I submitted a legal separation letter! I live in nj ty
Thank you for the additional information.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

Yes, having a child, even while separated from your current spouse, is prima facie evidence of infidelity. You would need to wait until a final decree of divorce is issued by the court.

I am sorry. I realize this is not the answer you were hoping for. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I ask that you not penalize me for having to deliver less than favorable news.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information. I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you. I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Hello

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going.
Did I answer your question?

JudgeLaw
Loren, Attorney