Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

HELLO, I HAVE A RATHER UNIQUE QUESTION TO ASK. I RECENTLY SIGNED

A DEED IN FLORIDA FOR...
HELLO, I HAVE A RATHER UNIQUE QUESTION TO ASK. I RECENTLY SIGNED A DEED IN FLORIDA FOR A HOME WHICH WAS BUILT AND PURCHASED FOR ME BY A MARRIED MAN WHO HAS BEEN PURSUING A RELATIONSHIP WITH ME FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS. THIS HOME WAS TO BE A GIFT TO PROVIDE SECURITY FOR MY SON AND I, AS HIS MAN IS TWICE MY AGE AND HAD CONCERNS ABOUT MY FUTURE WELL BEING. RECENTLY I DECIDED TO END ANY RELATIONSHIP I HAD WITH THIS PERSON BECAUSE I BECAME AWARE OF HIS PLAN TO LEAVE HIS LIFE AND FAMILY AND MOVE IN TO THE NEW HOME IN FLORIDA WITH MY FAMILY AND I. HE PLANNED TO SEND HIS WIFE TO ITALY FOR A MOTH TO GIVE HIM THE OPPORTUNITY TO PACK AND PREPARE DIVORCE PAPERS WHICH HE WOULD LEAVE AT THEIR HOME WAITING FOR HER RETURN. I WAS NOT HAPPY TO LEARN THIS, CUT TIES, AND AM NOW BEING ASKED BY HIM TO SIGN A DEED TRANSFER OVER TO HIM. ALL OF THE FUNDS USED TO PURCHASE THIS PROPERTY WAS WIRED INTO MY ACCOUNT BY HIM AND PAID DIRECTLY TO THE DEVELOPERS/TITLING COMPANY. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I AM AT ANY RISK OF BEING SUED OR IF HE HAS ANY RIGHT TO FORCEFULLY TAKE POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY? THANKS FOR READING MY LONG LONG QUESTION.
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2013
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney

TMcJD :

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

TMcJD :

Unless he ever indicated that this was not a gift (and even then he really would need written evidence that it was not intended as a gift), then it is presumed to be a gift because the funds went to you and then to the title company and the property is in only your name. He cannot undue a gift just because he no longer believes it was a good idea, so you would have no reason for concern. He cannot take the property back as it is your property.

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney