How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

when is it necessary to hire an attorney for workers comp?

This answer was rated:

when is it necessary to hire an attorney for workers comp?

Thanks for your question. I'm very sorry to hear about this frustrating situation.

If you hire an attorney to represent you in this matter, it will speed up the process, as an attorney will understand the law and will be able to pressure the comp insurer to approve the procedures, or will call for a hearing to have the procedures approved.

Has your doctor taken you off work?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i work what i am able to - 4- 6 hours a day - workers comp covers up to 40.

the issue i have is they keep dragging their feet - not only am i incontinent (i am 40 yrs old) i continually lose the feeling in my left arm which leaves me in extreme pain, i am doped up just to function

my boss is losing patients with me.. its just a basic situation that has gone from bad to worse.

i was just refered to a surgeon which is going to put me out of work completely and i will have to pay for my cobra benefits which i dont feel is right.

I'm very sorry to hear this. I have dealt with many clients with injuries similar to yours and I understand how very painful and difficult they are.

Unfortunately, your employer is entitled to drop your insurance benefits while you are on a workers compensation claim under the law if you are not able to pay the full amount or no longer qualify for the benefit under the terms of employment.

I think you should go forward with seeking a local workers compensation attorney to represent you with the compensation insurance carrier, and with your employer. That is the only way to ensure that you will get a speedier resolution to your claims.
TexLaw and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you