Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

can a realtor work with someone whose house has been damaged

and the husband of the...
can a realtor work with someone whose house has been damaged and the husband of the realtor fixed that damage?
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2013
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

Can you explain the situation a bit more?

Are you saying that you are curious on whether the realtor has a conflict of interest in trying to sell a house that has been damaged and which the realtor's husband is acting as the contractor on the repairs?

house had damaged windows and siding , water intrusion, want to put the house on the market> was wondering if the wife of the builder who fixed the problem of water intrusion, can be my realtor

Thank you for clearing that up. I don't see any problems there.

The fact that the builder has already completed the repairs means that there is no potential conflict of interest with the realtor.

Even if the repairs were still being worked on, the realtor has a legal duty to be loyal to you, and so if anything shady happened, you would be able to sue the realtor for breach of fiduciary duty.
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
TexLaw
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney