How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 109281
Experience:  7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I do not know what to call my case. Maybe: Civil law, Real

This answer was rated:

I do not know what to call my case. Maybe: Civil law, Real estate law, or Personal Injury law attorneys, you tell me. Because I feel moving in circles from June 11, 2013. I am getting tired and ready to drop my membership if I do not gett it straigh very soon.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

I will try to help you. Please tell me what your case is about with as much detail as you can and then I will see what type of case it is and where you may be able to get an attorney.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

On june 10 my dog was injured by my neighbor's dog and died on June 11. My neighbor paid the vet. hosp. and cremetion. But what she said is her dog went under my fence and took my dog. My chain link fence is 46 ft long and 4 ft tall. My fence is 6 inches inside my property, But also I have a "natural fence" with 10 ft pines. From my side you first see the pines and behind the pines is the fence.

Well, when the police, the homwoener insurance adjuster, and contractors came to see my fence IS NOT FENCE! they removed my fence without my concent. That's why they did not let me see it when I requested on the day my dog died. She said her husband will take care of that, I insist with no luck.


I have animal control report saying her dog is dangerous, but we have to wait for a SECOND INSIDENT! Her dog was 50 pounds , my was only 7 1/2 pounds. I still have another 6 1/2 pounds, so see my concern..


I sent them 3 text messages, no respond. 1 certified letter with signature required, no respond, the letter came back to me. 1 certified letter with no signature required, they received last saturday, but no respond so far.


If I fix the fence from their side I do not have to removed the pines trees, and will cost more less, than If I have to removed the 17 trees, and then place them back. Plus if I go to court, or hire an attorney will increase with their fees/charges.


I need an attorney because is more than $5,000. in damages. Court up to $5,000. is $350.00 fees that I do not have. Is hard to find an attorney on contingency casse. I do not have that kind of money and for free help , I am in the border line were I might or mignt not get free help. I called channel 8 for community help. She said go to seniors help because I am 65 yrs old.


Again, so far, I have animal control report on my favor, police report on my favor, insurance adjuster on my favor, plenty pictures of my dead dog, and plenty of pictures of my fence bur only from my side. They are not communicating or talking to me, and won't let me to see the fence, because is not fence now. I am stuck. How easy would be if they accept to talk to me and resolve this in a friendly manner. Please what else for me to do? if I do not have money for an attorney? and maybe to rich for legal help.?

Ok, but how is it $5000 in damages? Why was your fence torn down if it was your fence? If the city tore it down, there had to be a reason. That it would not have been torn down had the attack not happened and the city not called out is not your neighbor's fault if that fence had a problem anyway. So I don't understand all this about the fence. You say, "won't let me to see the fence, because is not fence now." I don't understand that. Would you rather explain it to me in Spanish?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

To build the fence is 1,544.00 but if they do it from my side is $2,500.00 additional to removed the 17 pines (10 ft tall) and place them back after the fence is done To replace my dog is between $500.00 and $700.0 , court fees, gas paper work paralegall work, etc.


However if I do it from their side no reason to turn the pines down.


The fence was removed by my neighbors, nothing wrong with the fence, however if they say was something wrong they should tell me before, so I could take care of the fence, By the way they have no pictures to proved anything they might say. I do have all the information to win my case. Just need an attorney.


But why did your neighbors remove YOUR fence? Who authorized them to move it? Are you sure it was your fence? This is what I do not understand.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my appraiser / document says my fence is 6 inches inside my property, is my fence. The fence in question is on my south side, Also I have the same on southwest border with city street and in perfect condition, Also on north side of my property border with my other side of neighbor and in perfect condition. In other words my house is fence in three sides of my house Why they removed my fence? I have no clue, But like I said if they say for example the bushes destroyed the fence, then I will say why only in your side on the three sides are the same in build at the same time? Probably their dog damage my fence, again no clue. Who authorized them? no clue,

But I don't understand. What was wrong with the South wall? Did they say it was not on your property?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Spanish: La ciudad y el condado jamas me han comunicado nada de mi cerca. Mi cerca estaba en perfecto estado. Cuando el perro de ellos ataco a mi perro lo llevaron al hospital y murio en menos de 24 horas. La veterinaria dijo que ella no estaba segura de tener los papeles de registracion del perro en orden, Despues me entere por animal control que su perro no estuvo nunca registrado y la forzaron a registrarlo depues del incidente, claro.

Hice reporte en animal control, vinieron a ver la cerca de mi lado, pero no estuvo claro por donde exactamente, porque los pinos de 10 pies estan tan pegados que es considerada una "cerca natural" y desde mi propiedad se ven primero los pinos y detras de los pinos esta o estaba la cerca de 4 pies de alto y es chain link fence. No se puede ver la propiedad de ellos porque tiene cerrado el gate con puerta de madera. No se puede trapasar sin permiso.


Pero al evaluador del seguro de mi casa vino y se las ingenio para ver que no hay cerca detras de mis pinos, Confirmo otra vez que la cerca es mia. El me dio un presupuesto de $1,544.00 solo para reemplazar la cerca. Me hizo saber que: o ellos me dan permiso para hacer el trabajo del lado de ellos, o tengo que tumbar los 17 pinos de cerca natural para poder reparar o mejor dicho construir la cerca nuevamente.


Hoy en la mañana fui a community law assistance para buscar ayuda legal, no me costo nada $0 . Les mostre todos los documentos que tengo, fotos de esa parte de mi propiedad, fotos de mi perro muerto y documentos presentados a ellos como cartas certificadas, tambien reportes del animal control donde dice que su perro es peligroso, pero por ser primer insidente no pueden retirar el perro. tambien copia de estimados para poner la cerca nuevamente y quitar y poner los pinos de vuelta. Agregando gastos de corte, paralegal, mediation, o cualquier otro gasto, incluyendo el reemplazo de mi perro que va entre $500.00 a $700.00, Dando un total poco mas de $5,000. lo cual necesito abogado, Si ellos aceptaran hacer su parte, dejarme ver, poner la cerca, y determinar quien es responsable, ellos o yo, todo saldria mas barato, quizas compartiendo los gastos, depende de quien es la mayor culpa. Pero no han dado la cara para resolverlo. Yo no tengo dinero para pagar abogado. Todos quieren consulta primero y claro lo que cobran!, Pero consulta de que? yo se que tengo caso ganado, lo que necesito es un abogado/. La documentacion toda esta lista. Solo necesitaria la petition en corte para abrir el caso. Toda la asesoria que he recibido me han referido a diferentes abogados; que si real estate abogados, que caso civil abogados, que personal property abogados? y que ninguno confirma que hacen la especialidad que necesito?

Lo que yo quiero de ellos es determinar quien es el respoonsable del daño de la cerca, por que laquitaron sin mi permiso, pagar por los daños y reparaciones, incluyendo los 17 pinos si es que hay que quitarlos y volverlos a poner. Y por el reemplazo de mi perro.

Espero que su español sea tan bueno como el ingles. Yo tengo licencia de notaria publica, de tax prepare y soy broker de seguros, Tengo acento, pero con mi ingles nunca he tenido problemas al expresarme, Claro quizas falta de ortografia en ingles, como quizas usted las tenga en español, pero lo suficiente clara para ser entendida. Por favor responda en ingles o español (el que mejor sea para usted expresarse). Gracias

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to know what type of attorney I need to resolve all these issues about my fence and my dead dog.


Real Estate attorneys, only wants forcloser cases or similar cases.


Civil rights attorneys, they sayid they don't do that type of cases.


Personal Injure they say is not personal. My question here is. "my dog is personal property (i feel is wrong ) but by law is personal property.


An my fence is personal property, my house is personal property. so why they don't do this type of case? no clue.


I need a straight answer, And if who ever take my case, are this type of attorny can work on pro bono cases? is any restriction legally or is their option on probonos?


This is an important question for me: What is the top income amount considerer low income in Pinellas County, Florida? I want to know before expossing my problems, loosing time an effort for both parties, and then for they to tell me "I do noot qualified" Pleas answer this question for me.

Una pregunta basica que le voy hacer y disculpe por la demora en responder y la remora en responder esta vez porque es un viernes tarde. Sus vecinos tienen plata o estan arrancados? El hecho de tener una propiedad linda y de valor (en la Florida) no quiere decir que tienen plata. Yo acabo de comprar tremenda propiedad y e gastado una fortuna en arreglarla, pero ahora estoy pelado. Si alguien me mete una demanda, me declaro a la bancarrota y puedo quedarme con la casa. Por eso le pregunto. Creame que a mi me importa su situacion. Quiero ayudar, pero a veces la realidad es dificil. Espero su respuesta.
Le hago la pregunta por una razon. Si usted no tiene plata para un abogado, entonces el abogado que toma al caso no solamente es que lo va tomar porque tiene un buen chance de ganar el caso, pero tambien porque cree que va poder recuperar algo para usted porque si usted no le paga al abogado, entonces el abogado tiene que cobrar por 33% o hasta 40% de la ganancia. Si no hay ganancia, entonces no puede cobar y usted, me imagino, no quiere trabajar de gratis. Un abogado tampoco no va querer trabajar de por gratis. Entiende porque le estoy preguntando? No quiere ser dificil. Quiero ayudar, pero necesito que me responda. Gracias.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yo calculo que el claim no seria mas de $6,000. incluyendo gastos de corte, etc. En base a esa cantidad, la comision del abogado seria entre $1,980.00 y $2,400.00. Si yo gano el caso y ellos pagan, si puedo pagar esa cantidad. Porque de $5,000.00 o $6,000.00 sacaria para pagar al abogado primero y para completar el trabajo de la cerca y el material, puedo usar la tarjeta de credito. Como se da cuenta hay formas de solucionar el problema solo que un abogado tome el caso y me de la oportunidad, supongo que hay documento legal para ese tipo de transaccion. Tambien todo los documentos estan listos ( exhibit 1, exhibit 2, etc. incluyendo fotos y reportes de las entidades legales, policia, animal control, etc. el trabajo esta 90% adelantado y hecho por mi.

Yo me he representado en corte para demandar en 2 ocaciones anteriores y las2 veces he ganado, sin ayuda legal para nada.

El primero fue ul realtor que me rento la oficina cuando tuve mi negocio (ya estoy retirada). No quiso repara el aire acondicionado y la oficina tenia vidrios, pero no ventanas, era verano, super caliente. Pero fue facil porque fuimos a corte, yo tuve todas mis pruebas y el se presento sin nada, la juez le dio una segunda oportunidad , fuimos por segunda vez y se presento sin pruebas, porque no tenia pruebas. yo gane el caso.Fue por $3,500.


La segunda vez fue en la siguiente oficina que tuve, fue con una persona individual ( no realtor ). El contrato yo lo hice de principio a fin, ella acepto y firmamos contrato por 2 años, a menos de un año dividio la oficina grande y me encajono mi oficina sin ventana , ni vista para ningun lado, parecia una cajeta de zapatos. Le hable, que no lo hiciera, que la llevaria a corte, le di casi 2 meses! soy persona justa. Pero al ver que no habia manera de lidiar , la demande y tambien gane el caso. En corte le di 48 horas para remover la division que habia hecho. Todo el papeleo, investigacion, etc. todo lo hice yo. Gane la terminacion del contrato, mas $3,000. por daños y perjuicios comprobados en corte, mi negocio bajo increiblemente y lo probe en corte. En esa ocasion no tuve necesidad de buscar ayuda para nada.

Lo que pasa con los vecinos es que no estan dispuestos a comunicarse y tratar de arreglar la situacion de manera amistosa. Eso es lo que esta haciendo la situacion mas dificil para mi. Para el abogado sera super facil, incluso yo puedo ayudar en llenar las formas sin tener que incluir la paralegal. Yo se como se llenan las formas, Quiero es representacion.


Ahora si los vecinos no pagaran, podria ponerles yo un lien en la propiedad de ellos? El lien lo pondria yo despues que la corte diera el fallo a mi favor y ellos se reusaran a pagar. A ese punto podria estar mas dispuesta a pagar el abogado ya que el caso estaria legalmente a mi favor. A ese punto tengo opciones, que no tengo en este momento.


Bueno, el caso lo debe manejar un abogado civil. Esto es un caso de como "personal injury" que usted sufrio una perdida por la negligencia de otro. Todavia es posible que si el abogado ve el caso bueno y que sus vecinos tienen la posibilidad de pagar el reclamo, el abogado puede tomar el caso como un "contingency". Es decir que lo tome solamente por un porcentaje de la ganancia. Creo que tambien es posible que el seguro de casa de su vecino puede cubrir esa recompensa. Eso lo tiene que investigar el abogado que tome su caso. Si el reporte de la policia se hiso bien, es posible que tenga esa informacion ahi.

Sobre un lien de la propiedad, eso es un poco complicado. En la Florida, el Homestead protection previene la mayoria de liens contra la propiedad de uno. Acuerdese el caso de OJ Simpson. De todas maneras, no creo que va querer esperar hasta que vendan la casa para recuperar ese dinero.

Si quiere buscar un abogado, puede ir a o

Si tiene algunas otras preguntas, por favor avise y le contestare sin cargo adicional. Es MUY importante que entienda que si no está satisfecho, puede hacer preguntas adicionales sin cargo adicional. Por favor de NO usar las opciones "Necesito mas información" o "No respondió a mi pregunta." Simplemente responda con otra pregunta para yo tener la oportunidad de que usted quede satisfecho. Pero por favor también entender que yo no tengo la culpa si la noticia es mala. Yo solamente le puedo decir la verdad y no tengo responsabilidad por el sistema de leyes que a veces son injustas. Si no tiene preguntas adicionales, por favor de no olvidarse de dejar una opinión positivo sobre mi servicio a usted, no el estado de las leyes, y si usted cree que me lo merezco, por favor de dejar una propina o bono. Si usted no deja opinión positiva, yo no recibo crédito por la respuesta que le brinde. A usted no le cobran de nuevo y podemos seguir comunicando sin cargo adicional si después tiene otras preguntas. Si en el futuro quiere pedir que yo le ayude, puede ir a Gracias.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what is the top amount civil law / community law program will consider law income. I think is different that HUD or child support, etc, but to deal with my case with my neighbors and the fence? I need to know if they will consider myself low income before i talk to them. Also what about pinellas county court? what is the minimu amount is low income to request the wave court fees?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

On the small claims info sheet: I have a question on parafo # XXXXX for JUDGMENT>


In few words; if I win , I have additional legal righst like lien on the judgment debtos non homestead property, What thats mean?


Right to have the seriff levy on personal property, garnishement righsts and other complex rights? Can the court enforcement the legal rights of the winner? Or I have to keep fighting to collect the money? Will the court help me to support me to collect the money? Is that someting that I can do on my own? or for sure do I need an attorney?


If I open a claim for 5,000. are the court fees, or legal help included in the 5,000. or is this amount only for the claim I expect to get?


Paragraph 18 is very confusing to me, please explain in a simple way if possible? Thanks