How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just received a photo traffic violation for making a right-hand

This answer was rated:

I just received a photo traffic violation for making a right-hand turn on a red light without coming to a complete stop by the L A County Sheriff's department in Los Angeles County, CA.

The problem I have is that the fine is for $490. The fine seems very steep for the violation. Is there any precedent for reducing a traffic fine? Shouldn't the fine be in line with the violation?



Hi, Don, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. If I have not Answered your question, please let me know and I will be glad to explain further,



That is a very high price to pay for failure to come to a complete stop at a red light before making a right hand turn. It certainly is not fair and it certainly is not right because I, too, believe that the "punishment should fit the crime". There is no precedent for reducing a fine which is set by law because Judges cannot change the law; they are charged with the responsibility of interpreting the law. It would be up to the State Legislature to amend the law to reflect a penalty that fits the violation. You would have to write to your State Senators and State Representatives and let them know your views on this. Only after enough citizens complain to their elected officials, will anything be done to correct the situation,





Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,


Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,





Andrea, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Hello, Don, Thank you for the Excellent Service rating and the bonus. It was both kind and generous of you and I appreciate it greatly. Please let me know if you have any further questions and if you have any questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question like this,


"For Andrea ............ "



Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to be of assistance,