Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have to write a motion to set aside a default judgment under

CCP 473(b),calif law. Is there a...
I have to write a motion to set aside a default judgment under CCP 473(b),calif law.

Is there a special form to fill out, or do you just write it up on pleading paper and site the law?
7/24/2013
Roger, Attorney

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for using JA! I'll be glad to assist you.
Kirk Adams : Here's a form from the Ca. Courts website: http://www.courts.ca.gov/partners/documents/blankn.o.m.6months.pdf
Kirk Adams : Also, here's a link to instructions on how to get this done: http://sandiegolawlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Motion_to_Vacate_a_Default_Judgment.pdf
Customer:

Thank you. XXXXX just fill out this form?

Customer:

trying to copy all down

Kirk Adams : The San Diego Law Library references Form 38.114 in volume 2, Chapter 38, California Civil Procedure Before Trial, but I can't find a link to the form online.
Kirk Adams : Your local county law library may have the form.
Customer:

Thank you

Kirk Adams : Yes, you would fill out the form and file it. The instructions from the law library link are very helpful as well.
Kirk Adams : Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Kirk Adams : If so, I'll be glad to help. Thank You!
Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney