How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to write a motion to set aside a default judgment under

This answer was rated:

I have to write a motion to set aside a default judgment under CCP 473(b),calif law.

Is there a special form to fill out, or do you just write it up on pleading paper and site the law?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for using JA! I'll be glad to assist you.
Kirk Adams : Here's a form from the Ca. Courts website:
Kirk Adams : Also, here's a link to instructions on how to get this done:

Thank you. XXXXX just fill out this form?


trying to copy all down

Kirk Adams : The San Diego Law Library references Form 38.114 in volume 2, Chapter 38, California Civil Procedure Before Trial, but I can't find a link to the form online.
Kirk Adams : Your local county law library may have the form.

Thank you

Kirk Adams : Yes, you would fill out the form and file it. The instructions from the law library link are very helpful as well.
Kirk Adams : Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Kirk Adams : If so, I'll be glad to help. Thank You!
Roger and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you