Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Thank you for your quick response on my question of wills in

Thank you for your quick response on my question of wills in FL vs NY!

My son has a house in foreclosure. If he sells it on a short sale in lieu of the foreclosure does this have any better affect on his credit? And, as a further note the house was in his wife's name - will this relect on both of them or just her?

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you so much for your new question. I appreciate the excellent service rating and bonus that you left me on the last question.

If he sells it on a short sale in lieu of the foreclosure does this have any better affect on his credit?
A short sale will reflect less negatively on a credit report.

And, as a further note the house was in his wife's name - will this relect on both of them or just her
If the mortgage and note are not in your son's name, a foreclosure/short sale will not reflect on his credit. Therefore he will need to determine whether both the house and the mortgage are solely in his wife's name