How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Suffered a minor heart attack while working in Maryland on

This answer was rated:

Suffered a minor heart attack while working in Maryland on July 19, 2013. Was admitted to hospital and following an angeogram I was given a Stent to open a partially blocked artery. I only missed 2 days of work and have been cleared for 2 weeks of light duty. Do I have a right to have help with medical bills as the company doen't offer health insurance?

Thank you for your question.

Whether or not the medical bills are going to be covered by workers compensation will depend on whether or not you can prove that your heart attack was caused by your work, rather than a pre-existing condition.

The only way you can find out is to proceed with filing a workers compensation claim and asking for a determination. It would be helpful if you had a doctor who is treating you to express an opinion that the heart attack was caused by your work.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,

TexLaw and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you