How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good day sirs/ Madam The jobs done without Purchasing Order

This answer was rated:

Good day sirs/ Madam

The jobs done without Purchasing Order but have jobs done acknowledgement, shall we win the case?
Thank you for your question. Please allow me to assist you.

What is the other party refusing to do? Is that party refusing to acknowledge a contract took place?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sir, The Ship owner, ship has been arrested by other Service Company in Colombo water, we are the highest creditor among others, the ship owner owed us Ringgit Malaysia RM 840+++.++,

The ship (ASSET) was taken by the bank.

Thank you for your follow-up.

My apologies I am not able to assist with international creditors or with maritime law. I will go ahead and opt out to see if an another person can assist you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your kinds information.

We'll be awaited.



Your helpfulness would be much appreciated.


The story begun,


We are the Marine Contractor serving this owner during the ship brake down, We have done many of jobs but there is 'NO P.O' basically with trust.

Unfortunately, one of Marine supplier arrest the vessel while the vsl is waiting Bunker & FOODs in Colombo, Sri Lanka last year August,

After a months later, one of the Malaysian run bank took over the vessel.

We want to fight back to gain our lost Money with this situation.

We really have no idea whether it could win.


Please advise.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Under Admiralty law, when a vessel is seized in rem by a creditor, the other creditors may file their claim in court against the vessel and can stand in line with the other creditor who seized the property for payment. As a part of this, the creditors can force sale of the vessel to recover the money they are due.

I am afraid though that because the vessel was seized, you are now going to have to sue the party you have the debt with, but because you have waited so long and the bank has taken the vessel it is going to be tough to put a lien on that vessel now and you are going to have to seek other assets of the owner to seize when you obtain judgment against the owner.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sir, Your answer was somehow usefull and it was excellent, we just wish to know whether we can gain the fight since we do not have P.O from the owner but we do have Job done Services Report with Ship's chop and signed by the Master for the jobs done acknowledgement.

Thank you for your response.

Yes, if you have a services report signed by the Master, then the owner of the ship is still liable for that debt and you would have grounds to sue to recover your money.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks again Sir, Your information made satisfaction to our concerned.

Kindly advise us what are the requirements and preparation shall be provided to Maritime lawyers. And also it is possible to file the case with local lawyers as the ship is now in Colombo?? Or do we need to contact the Colombo lawyer??


Yours kind information would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your response.

You would have to sue the ship owner where the ship owner is located. Alternatively, you can sue "in rem" or against the ship itself in the country where the ship is located. To find an admiralty/maritime lawyer in either location you can use the same sites used by other attorneys, or