Can I get the records from my lawyer of all the phone calls…

Can I get the records...
Can I get the records from my lawyer of all the phone calls and emails he made?

I want to match up the bill with the actual phone calls and emails my lawyer billed me for.

Basically, can I request their phone bill records (ATT, Verizon, ...) to verify the billable items
7/22/2013
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The only way to obtain that unless they were willing to turn those over ( which I doubt) is through court order. Their phone records will not be released by the provider, not any email records, showing they were sent. Only if you filed a lawsuit and there was a dispute before the court, would the Judge issue an order and they would be required to turn these over. There is a fee dispute resolution program set up by the State, if you have concerns. Here is the information on how to proceed and use that service.

http://www.nycourts.gov/admin/feedispute/pdfs/FD_brochure.pdf

So from what I understand. I have to just take their word for all the billable items?

Moving forward, is there a service that can be used to log any emails/fax/phone calls that transpire between my lawyer and other parties?

Ex: www.ringcentral.com

You do need to take their word but all the calls and emails which they are billing you for should be documented, so you can ask to see proof that they were recorded and the time it took. Typically, all that email is logged by the attorney, within their billing software.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

For example, as site like www.ringcentral.com

If your attorney had a service and was willing to pay for it and share that information with you, it could be used. However, I doubt that the firm would be willing to allow you to personally track said lines of communication. If you think your attorneys are inflating the bill and over billing, it may be time to consider retaining other counsel ,if you think they are unethical.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney