How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, Cab Base sublease me medallion. I bought a car and rent

This answer was rated:

Cab Base sublease me medallion. I bought a car and rent car to cab driver. After 2 years, night driver got in accident. Driver has no injures but cab car is totaled, no repairable. Insurance wont give me any money. I lost sublease contract with Cab base and also I lost my income to pay my bills. When I rent the car to cab driver , we never signed any contracts, everything verbal. Is it a way to make driver liable for destroying my car and loosing my sublease contract. Thank you

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Did your insurance company refuse to pay because the driver was not an "insured" driver?

Have you asked the driver to pay this yet?

Did the driver have insurance at all?

How did the accident happen (was it your driver's fault or the other party's fault)?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Car is insured, driver was registered under cab car.

Driver doesnt want to pay anything.

Its my driver fault.

The driver has a duty to you to not damage your automobile as the subleasor of the automobile to you.

This means you may sue the driver for the fair market value of the vehicle as it was the day prior to the wreck. Do you have any idea of how much money the car was worth in its used condition?
TexLaw and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you