How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118128
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an Oil and Gas Operator who took possession of Operation

This answer was rated:

I am an Oil and Gas Operator who took possession of Operation through voting interest owners in November 27 2012. It was a hostile takeover. The Operator would not sign the documentation transferring Regulatory Operations. Which I had to do through single signature procedures. Showing approved Feb 5, 2013 but effective November 26, 2012.

The last invoice from this Operator he placed a due oweing on 15 interest owns. We contest. This Operator placed liens on our wells in order to keep us from receiving production proceeds from the purchasers of our Oil.

The interest owners are willing to pay these liens off in full because the total dollar amount is considerably less than the proceeds. QUESTION: Can you tell me how we can be guaranteed that once this money to paid, that this Operator will release these liens. What kind of form? What kind of procedure?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

In order to insure that the operator will release the liens, before any payment is made you need to draft a written contractual agreement that states in consideration for you making the payment agreed upon between you and the operator, they agree that they will sign over all documents required to complete the transfer. In the agreement, it needs to state that their failure to do so and breaching the contract would be grounds for you to seek liquidated damages equal to double the amount of money due plus attorney's fees if you have to pursue the matter for breach of contract through litigation.

Once you have the signed contract and make payment, if they refuse to comply, you then have to sue them for breach to seek your damages.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you