How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4488
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Isnt it possible to apply to the feds for reinstituting your

This answer was rated:

Isnt it possible to apply to the feds for reinstituting your civil rights to get around 18USC922? I would like to do this myself!

What was your conviction for? Was it in federal court or state court?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In 1990 I was caught up in the state criminal justice system on a charge of attempted aggravated kidnapping and languished in county jail for a year and copped a plea of aggravated battery. Did a few months in prison.

I have kept my nose clean since and figure felons have a right to defend themselves too! I want to own these guns legal. So what are my chances of reinstating my 2nd amendment constitutional rights?



Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not seeing your reply to my reply to your question.

Did you send me a answer yet?

Thank you for the additional information.

Unfortunately, Wisconsin is one of the more difficult states to restore your firearm rights. To restore your rights under federal and state law, you have to obtain a gubernatorial pardon that specifically restores your right to possess firearms. The current governor of Wisconsin, XXXXX XXXXX, has refused to consider any pardon applications since taking office. This article explains:

Pardons are entirely in the governor's discretion so no one can force him to review any applications. If he lifts the suspension on pardon applications or a new governor is elected you may have better luck pursuing a pardon. But for now, he is simply refusing to review any applications and without a pardon, you can't restore your firearm rights. Sorry I can't give you better news...I know it was not what you were hoping to hear.
Hammer O'Justice and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you