How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I motioned to change venue for our court due to both of us

This answer was rated:

I motioned to change venue for our court due to both of us with our disabilities. The plaintiffs lawyer is about 3 blocks from the current venue and filed an objection and basically states we are lying.

Q? What do I do now? Can I file an answer and if so, what is it titled? At this point, I'd just rather turn in some of my medical records under seal, can I do that? So, question one is - what would the response title be? His is objection so can I answer that?

Question 2 is, can I also provide medical info and can it be sealed? If so, must I then send copies to all involved parties or would the court just send something?

Arizona, Maricopa Co.; Civil case
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for using JA! I'll be glad to assist you with this question.

Q1: You can file a "Reply to Plaintiff's Objection to Motion to Change Venue". You can state in your reply that you do have disabilities that would make the current venue prejudicial to you. Your reply can also state that you are willing to present your medical records under seal, and that a protective order be entered so that the medical records will not be disseminated. The court will allow the plaintiff to see the records, but the protective order will prevent the documents from being open to the public. However, you should consult the court on this motion BEFORE you provide medical records.

Q2: Yes, you can do this, but you should have the court enter a protective order before you provide the medical records. Also, you would likely have to provide copies to all parties.

Thank for allowing me to assist you, and if you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Roger and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you