Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My question concerns the specific title and section of the

Customer Question

My question concerns the specific title and section of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The act says in part, that a public entity shall make reasonable modifications in policies, practice, or procedures to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability.

Would please provide me with the specific section of the ADA. Thank You
Expert:  Ray replied 4 years ago.

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

Thanks for your question and good morning.Here is the section that you are referencing I believe.

36.302 Modifications in policies, practices, or procedures.

• (a) General. A public accommodation shall make reasonable modifications in policies, practices, or procedures, when the modifications are necessary to afford goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations to individuals with disabilities, unless the public accommodation can demonstrate that making the modifications would fundamentally alter the nature of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodation.

Here is the full statute note that 36.302 has more about accommodations.

.http://www.ada.gov/regs2010/titleIII_2010/titleIII_2010_withbold.htm

It has been my pleasure to assist you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks.

41476.6884806019
Customer:

Here is the rest of the statute, note that 36.302 has more about accommodations here.

Customer:

It has been my pleasure to chat with you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Customer:

Here also is additional reference.This sets out hte rules that were promulgated in response to the ADA statute by the federal government.

Customer:

Here is an example of how 26.302 and the CFR rules I referenced above would integrate about services dogs..

Customer:

Again here would be the rules promulgated under 36.302 for businesses and public places.

Customer:

Thanks again for letting me help you today.

Customer:

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information

Expert:  Ray replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your patience I switched it.
Expert:  Ray replied 4 years ago.

Here are the promulgated rules to implement the ADA statute.They set out how public places and others must comply.

http://www.ada.gov/2010_regs.htm

Please let me know if you have more follow up.I will be glad to help you.Thanks again .