Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

Hello, my question about divorce. The situation is: Ive

Hello, my question about divorce.
The situation is: I've got married almost 10 years ago to american. Now he wants to divorce. He bought in 2006 house, the title is just for his name. He took mortgage and pay it. He is 66 and I'm 60. He wants me to leave him, go to appartment because he say this is only his house. I'd like to know my rights about that.
Thank you,

Paulina

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you,

Florida law defines "marital property" as any and all property purchased, or acquired during the marriage, regardless of whose name is XXXXX XXXXX and regardless of who paid for it.

Since the house was purchased during the course of the marriage, Florida law recognizes the house as "marital property" which means that you have just as much right to the house as your husband has and you do not have to move to an apartment. You have just as much right as your husband to remain in the house,

___________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, Andrea!

This is the problem that the life with him is very uncomfortable.What will be if I appliy for divoirce?

Hi, Paulina,

What happens is that the Judge will ask if you and your husband have been able to divide the items which are marital assets. Since your husband will insist that the house is his, the Judge will set him straight and the Judge will probably enter an Order that the house be sold and that whatever is received from the sale is to be divided between the two of you in the percentage which the Judge decides. He will probably divide the sale proceeds equally between the two of you,

__________________________________________________________________

ANDREA