How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27594
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can the report to the police of an unauthorized use of a credit

This answer was rated:

Can the report to the police of an unauthorized use of a credit card be withdrawn without any legal consequences?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. Was the report filed in error? Why does the party want to withdraw the report?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my wife reported her credit card used illegally to the police without knowing my daughter , who thought she had permission, used it in a department store.

James, thank you for the additional information. If this was an accident and it turns out that the use was authorized, your wife could contact the police and correct the report filed. She would likely need to give another statement or file another report, advising the police as to the facts surrounding the mistake and that this was an error. If it turned out that your daughter used the credit card WITH permission and you wife was unaware of it, then the mistake is reasonable. As long as the police determine your wife is being truthful and this was an honest mistake, they should close you the report.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
LegalKnowledge and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you