How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a victim and have been notified that I am entitled to

This answer was rated:

I am a victim and have been notified that I am entitled to restitution by the felons. It's been two years and I have not received any money. Is there anything I can do to force payment?


Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

How have you been notified of this?


Also what is the victim/witness coordinator saying?


Is this court - ordered restitution after a conviction? Are these felons still in jail?

Do they have resources to pay or assets to garnish?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was notified by letter from the US Dept of Justice. The coordinator has told me that the felons have limited means but are on a payment plan of several hundred dollars per month and that when a certain dollar amount accumulates, funds are distributed to the victims. The felons work, as far as I know, but I have no knowledge of their assets.



Thank you


And that is the correct answer. You can't get more than they own. And felons are barely capable of keeping a job


There is no recourse as to how to collect. I mean, you would spend a lot of money on trying to sue a felon and then they have no money to collect. The juice would not be worth the squeeze.


This is, unfortunately, a situation where you have to just be patient and if something comes your way consider it a windfall.


Sam and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you