LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF WIRE FRAUD. A CHECK WAS SENT TO

I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF WIRE FRAUD. A CHECK WAS SENT TO ME, I WITHDREW THE MONEY, SENT PART OF IT VIA WESTERN UNION TO ANOTHER STATE, BUT THE CHECK WAS RETURNED FROM THE BANK UNPAID. I HAVE THE NAME, ADDRESS,EMAIL OF THE PERSON WHO PICKED UP THE MONEY. WHAT DO I DO TO FILE CHARGES
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon the facts which you stated, you first want to go and file a report with the bank and make them aware of the situation, hoping that they can remedy the situation and make you whole, for any money lost. This is something which would be determined by their policy. As far as criminal charges, you also need to file a report with both the police in the county where you reside as well as contacting the police department out of State, where the money was sent. If you have the persons name and address, you want to provide that to both departments, for them to investigate the matter. Moreover, it would need to be determined and shared with the authorities as to how you became victim, so they can determine if there are other victims out there. Both the bank and police are going to want to know how you got involved with this and why you trusted the person, so make sure you have that information to provide them as well, to evidence you were a victim here.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I filed a report to my bank, are you speaking of the bank that the check was drawn on?

You can certainly contact them regarding the fraud and making them aware but I would be inclined to believe that your bank has reached out and is investigating the matter, with them. Moreover, the police would likely contact the bank as well, as part of their investigation, to determine who the account belonged to and what exactly happened.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much. You have been extremely helpful, I will follow your advice

You are welcome. Good luck with everything.