How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16712
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have PLC of two girls, whose father was deported. He has

This answer was rated:

I have PLC of two girls, whose father was deported. He has not maintained contact with the girls. The mother is still here and is suppose to have supervised visits every other week. She has not been consistent. She also ped guilty to child endangerment and simple assault. The court did not want to terminate on the father since he was deported and since the court did not want to terminate on the father they did not terminate the rights of the mother. We want to revisit this issue. The girls have lived itch us or seven years. What can we o?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Was the mother convicted of child endangerment and simple assault aftet the PLC and visitation was established by the court?

Is the mother's conviction relate to the two minors of which you have PLC?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This was before PLC. The youngest at 1 1/2 months old was brought to the hospital with head trauma wich is why DHS got involved

Thank you for your follow up.

Based on the limited facts you have provided, as long as, you can show that the mother has not kept up the visits and / or that visitation with the mother can be potentially harmful to the minor kids, you could file a Petition to Terminate Mother's Parental Right based on abandonment and/or her being unfit to be a parent and the court will review your petition and will weigh all of the evidence from both sides and the judge will make a decision as to whether the visitation / parental rights should be terminated based on evidence presented and also based on what would be in the best interest of the minor child.

This can be a complex legal process, so I would suggest that you do consult and retain local child custody attorney to help you draft your petition and also to assure that you will have the highest chance of success due to the fact that you will have proper legal representation and counsel in this matter.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You did not address the fathet
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Father was deported. I don't know why. Towards the end of court he got the Indonesian consulate involved. They did not do anything for him. They did not want to terminate on him since he was deported and could not be here to parent. He has not made any real effort to talk to the children.

Thank you for your follow up.

You would also be able to include father in your Petition, however you would have to make a reasonable effort to locate the father and to serve the father with a copy of the Petition, so the father can have a chance to respond or hire an attorney to respond.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you