Civil Law Answers
Civil Law Answers, Attorney
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current active litigation + mediation practice
12143673

I am asking for make up residential time in a contempt case

I am asking for make up residential time in a contempt case I have filed. It is for 47 days total. I am running into a problem with time. Can this contempt over ride the original parenting plan days? I am all the way into December with make up time. Can I take the other parents residential time during the winter break?

Hello and thanks for contacting Just Answer.

Since this is a large amount of make up days, it seems you may have no choice but to ask for additional time that will take away some of the other parent's time. It is within the court's power to override the parenting plan (including vacation/break time) to allow you to take the additional time to which you are entitled, but you will want to make sure you have the Court Order in place allowing you to do this before doing it.

I hope this answers your question. Thank you again for contacting Just Answer, and I wish you the best here.