How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Civil Law Answers Your Own Question
Civil Law Answers
Civil Law Answers, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1267
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current active litigation + mediation practice
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Civil Law Answers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am asking for make up residential time in a contempt case

This answer was rated:

I am asking for make up residential time in a contempt case I have filed. It is for 47 days total. I am running into a problem with time. Can this contempt over ride the original parenting plan days? I am all the way into December with make up time. Can I take the other parents residential time during the winter break?

Hello and thanks for contacting Just Answer.


Since this is a large amount of make up days, it seems you may have no choice but to ask for additional time that will take away some of the other parent's time. It is within the court's power to override the parenting plan (including vacation/break time) to allow you to take the additional time to which you are entitled, but you will want to make sure you have the Court Order in place allowing you to do this before doing it.


I hope this answers your question. Thank you again for contacting Just Answer, and I wish you the best here.

Civil Law Answers and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you