Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I threw a Dora the Explorer theme birthday for my daughter.

I threw a Dora the Explorer theme birthday for my daughter. Some items were bought, some were print-offs from the Internet, and most others I hand-crafted. A person saw pictures of this party and requested to "purchase" some of these items for her daughter's birthday.

What are the legal parameters for selling these one-time-made/used items? Would it still be considered violation of some Trade Mark or Copyright law??
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, the sale of any merchandise that is trademarked, such as Dora the Explorer posters, print-outs or even hand-crafted items, without the company's written permission, license or consent, would clearly be a violation of the trademark law and could subject you to potential liability if ever discovered by the company that has the trademark rights to this character.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there a legal way to sell these items? A person to contact for request...? Or simply attaching some sort of "disclaimer"...something?

Thank you for your follow up.

You would need to contact Nickelodeon directly and inquire about brand licensing, but generally such licensed can run into millions of dollars and are only acquired by the commercial toy companies, among others.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you know who (job title) I'd contact at Nickelodeon? Or how I can obtain their contact info?

Thank you for your follow up.

Nickelodeon is owned by the media giant Viacom corporation, but the first step would be for you to submit your inquiry to Nickelodeon at the link below and they would be able to guide you through the proper channels:

http://www.nick.com/mynick/write_nick/mail.jhtml

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you!

I wish you the best of luck. Please click on the "excellent service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.