How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27256
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im in a custody battle with my ex girlfriend. She has a serious

This answer was rated:

I'm in a custody battle with my ex girlfriend. She has a serious drug and alcohol problem, In the last year my son has gone from a 3.8 gpa to failing his freshman year and getting felony. She and he (my son) continue to violate probation together(smoking pot). It's a terrible situation, yet i can't get a court date until october. In the meantime she has left the state many times and I'm afraid she'll ditch for good if i can't figure a way to hold her accountable. The papers have been filed and she's not supposed to leave the state. What can i do?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. How old is your son? Do you have proof that they are smoking pot together? Also, do you have it in the court order that she is not supposed to leave the State and have evidence to show she has?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes I have proof. my son is 15 and he failed the U/A and told his probation officer it was because his mother made him leave with her and he knew he wasn't supposed to go. So since he was going to violate anyway he might as well get high. That is what he told the officer

Thank you for the additional information. If the mother is getting high with him, you can call child protective services and have them investigation the situation. If you can obtain a report from his probation officer about this, it can be used to substantiate your claim and they may remove him and place your son in your care. In addition, if the court order states that she is not allowed to leave Idaho and she has, she can be in violation of the court order. You could try and file a motion against her, asking that she be held in contempt. Moreover, if you have immediate concern about your sons care and well being, you can always file an emergency motion with the court, asking for custody, showing the Judge why this can not wait until the October hearing.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need help finding the forms.

The clerk of court in the county where the case is pending should have to forms for you to fill out and file. If they do not, then you would need to draft them yourself or retain an attorney from this point forward, to represent you and your legal interest.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27256
Experience: 10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
LegalKnowledge and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sir, I have asked the clerk repeatedly for the papers to file contempt and the papers for an emergency modification. They tell me to seek legal advise. i cannot afford it. Cps says it's an on going investigation so i can't get any records and in the meantime my son does drugs and gets gang tattoos(huge tats!). Can you please just show me which papers i need. I'm sure they're online. He's a great kid who's just following the example he's provided. He plays every sport well and he's very smart. But i'm sick and broke. I just need the forms

Here is a link from the State of Idaho with all the forms which they provide. If they are not contained within, then you have to draft your own. This is not a situation where I have access to them and will not share them with you, it is a situation where they are not online, which means either you need to get them from the clerk or draft your own.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I know that the forms are online at idaho self help. Please can someone tell me the name of the form to file for an ealier court date in an emergency custody situation
Thank you for your response. Different expert here. You would have to file a motion for expedited hearing and it would go on a general motion form as there is no specific for specialized for this type of motion.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks. I would rate you but it seems to charge me every time i do-even though i have a monthly prescription. I just went an arraignment hearing for my son Bryce, at which his mother had also been arrested for harboring a fugitive( my kid's older brother) even though they're all felons together she still has custody-Amazing! I used to let it all slide because my son had a high(3.8) gpa and no trouble. The last year has been hell! I can't get anyone to listen. It's the worst gang banging wild west nightmare a father could imagine. Anyway thanks, That was helpful. I don't have much money right now but, when i do I'll tip you. This is very important to me. I may not have a lot of time. I am doing experimental chemo(no shit). I have a wonderful healthy smart athletic son to save. I'm trying to do it legally. He loves them. sincerely, bigdad(no real names right?)

You need to contact customer service if you are having an issue with the rating with your subscription.

I hope that you get this resolved in the best interests of your child and you need to get the motion filed an use the arrest of the mom as grounds to ask the court for an expedited hearing.