Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

my sons girl friend has been staying with us for a long time

my sons girl friend has been staying with us for a long time know it has come to the point that we cant stand her any more asked her to leave she refouses what can I do
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
How long has she lived there?
.
Is there any agreement for her to pay any rent or contribute to the utilities?
.
Have you given her a written notice to leave?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she has been hear a least 2 year she was giving my wife 25 dollar for food no written just verble with wit she dosent help with any thing I have asked her to

Ok, if she has been there that long, then legally she would be considered a tenant and you and wife would be the landlords. Since there is no written agreement, she would be a month to month tenant under an oral lease agreement.
.
In Maine, a landlord can terminate a month to month lease by giving the tenant a 30 day written notice to move. If the tenant doesn't move after the 30 days then you would have to pursue a formal eviction through the courts to get her out.
.
You couldn't just throw her out or she could sue you for an illegal eviction.
.
.
Thanks