Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can a person come into your business and threaten you?

7/16/2013
Barrister, Attorney
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Can you give me a little more information about the situation?
.
Is this someone that the person knows?
.
Are they threatening physical harm? to sue them? to damage their property?....something else?
.
What is the motivation behind the threats?
.
Is there a deal that has gone bad, relationship gone bad...?
.
.
This is kind of an open ended question...
.
.
Thanks

An agreement that has gone bad.

Ok, so what type of threat? sue? kill the person? beat them up? damage their property?
.
The more information you provide the quicker and better answer I will be able to provide...
.
.
Thanks

May I speak to you?

Unfortunately under the terms of my agreement with JA, I am only allowed to interact with customers via JA's website.
.
.
Thanks

I was in a co-owner situation with this person and 6 dogs. I'm a breeder of Champion dogs. She and her husband came into my grooming facility and demanded that I sign off my co-ownership of all of the dogs. She said that she had contacted the AKC and if I didn't do what she said the AKC would write me up. Being afraid I did what she said. She has one of my dogs that was agreed that I would show and champion. I want her back. The AKC will not touch this situation. This past year I have given her services worth $22,000.00. She would never had these services if I thought she was not going to live up to what was agreed upon.

Thank you for the additional information. If they threatened to file some sort of complaint with the AKC, that wouldn't have been against the law. So essentially she bluffed you into signing off on whatever agreement she presented. Legally you could have refused to do so and the other person could have filed a complaint if they had grounds to file one. In signing off on the agreement, you essentially settled whatever dispute you had with the person.
.
As for the services, if they were contingent on some agreement and she has breached that agreement, then you could sue her for breach of contract for the $22K in services that you provided. Since this is well above the small claims limit, you would have to hire a local attorney to file suit against her in a higher court.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

.

Barrister, Attorney

Thank you so very much.

You are very welcome. Glad I was able to help a bit..
.
Thanks
Barrister, Attorney