How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118749
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being daily descrimanated against by the Carl Gibson Senior

This answer was rated:

I am being daily descrimanated against by the Carl Gibson Senior Center of Everett,WA. This has been going on since 2011. I had a lawyer from Northwest Justice Project negoceate to no avail he closed the case in 1/12. I have in treatment for over two years. mf doctor recently sent the director of the Center a letter saying my (PTSD) is now under control and I am funtioning as a normaal person. How can I get them to accept this, and reinstate my membership?
Virgil R. Mills
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

What is the reason you are being denied access to the senior center?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Before treatment I got intto verble confrontations with other members, they would not accept the fact that I could not control my temper. They still do not think of me as disabled. BOB I want to know what I can do to be allowed back into the Center.

Thank you for your response.

PTSD can be a disability only if you can prove your PTSD permanently impairs a major life function. If that is the case, then by law they cannot deny you access and if they are denying you access based on your disability or alleged disability, you need to file a complaint for accessibility issues through the US Department of Justice Civil Rights Division or you will have to actually file suit in the court against the center and provide your medical records as proof your PTSD did impair a major life function and that it is under control and you are not a danger to others in order to sustain a successful case against them.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you