How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you get charged with a cdv high and aggravated in S.C.,

This answer was rated:

If you get charged with a cdv high and aggravated in S.C., how long before you see the parole board?

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Charged ? Or convicted? If convicted what is the sentence?


OR are you saying a person on Parole has been charged with a crime while on Parole and now has a revocation hearing

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If they plead guilty to a 1 to 10 that the prosecutor offers



Parole hearing will be given at the 5 year mark.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you mean it will be at the halfway mark? If someone takes a plea of 1 to 10 through the prosecutor, then the judge rules 8 years, will the parole hearing be in 4 years?


I apologize and there is a correction.

Inmates incarcerated on or after January 1, 1996 may not be eligible for parole due to the Truth-in-Sentencing Bill.

Inmates incarcerated before this date may be eligible for parole after serving the required portion of the sentence. If the inmate is serving for a violent offense, he will be eligible after serving 1/3 of the sentence less any earned credits.

For a non-violentoffense, he will be eligible after serving 1/4 of the sentence less any earned credits. Some inmates may not be eligible for parole if they are deemed to be subsequent violent offenders by the legal department at SCDPPPS.

So on a 2 year sentence that could be 15 months instead of 24 but only if the sentence was before 1996. Unless the plea agreement stipulates that the offender will be eligible for parole.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, and you are talking about South Carolina, right? So if the crime happened in 2013, the person wouldn't be eligible for parole unless it's included in the plea agreement?



Yes. That is according to South Carolina law. That is correct. If it is included in the plea agreement only for a sentence in 2013 and I suggest it be in writing.

Sam and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you