Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a misdemeanor charge of leaving the scene of the accident

Customer Question

I have a misdemeanor charge of leaving the scene of the accident in Long Island, NY, & was given 3 years of probation & 120 hours of community service. I have completed 19 months of 36 months probation & the required community service. I am a Medical student, never had any prior brush with law.
How do I request early discharge? Write to Probation Officer with copy to the judge or if PO is not cooperative, write directly to the judge. A sample draft will be very helpful.
Expert:  Legalease replied 4 years ago.

Hello there --

-

Have you spoken to your probation officer about an early release? It is better if the probation officer is on your side for this request.......

-

Did you have any prior involvement with police or courts? Any prior record ?

-

Why did you leave the scene? Was it serious or something you thought was relatively minor?

-

-

MARY