How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28066
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been living in a committed relationship with a man for

This answer was rated:

I have been living in a committed relationship with a man for the past 19 years. About 14 years ago he bought a house in Arizona for us to live in. My name was not put on the deed. I have been paying the household expenses ever since we have lived here. We are now having relationship problems and he has asked me to move out right away. He is not giving me time to look for a new place. Do I need to go now?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Would you mind sharing with me what State you reside in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We live in Arizona.

Thank you for the additional information. Seeing how you have lived in the subject property for 14 years, it is clear that you have established permanent residency there. Moreover, you contribute to the monthly household expenses. As such, you do not need to leave right away nor could be just force you out. If he wants you out, he would have to go through the eviction process and obtain an order from the court, that you vacate. For him to do this, he would first have to start by providing you with at least 30 days written notice to vacate. This is a result of your teXXXXX XXXXXkely being considered month to month. If you fail to leave after the proper notice is given, the landlord could then start and proceed with eviction. In an ideal situation, you and him would be able to work together to come to an agreed upon date upon which you will vacate. If that can not be done and you refuse to leave, he would have to go through the legal process. I do understand that there are problems with the relationship but he can not force you to move out right away, claiming that your name is XXXXX XXXXX title so you need to leave in 24 hours, since this is your residence.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
LegalKnowledge and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!