Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I WAS A VICTIM (MY GIRLFRIEND HAD A GAMBLING PROBLEM)...SHE

Customer Question

I WAS A VICTIM (MY GIRLFRIEND HAD A GAMBLING PROBLEM)...SHE STOLE SOME CHECKS FROM MY BUSINESS AND TRIED TO CASH THEM...I REPORTED THIS AND SHE WAS PROSECUTED BY THE D.A....SHE HAS TO DO SOME TIME (A FEW MONTHS), AND THEN A RECOVERY PROGRAM FOR GAMBLING...WE ARE BOTH OK WITH THIS, AND ARE STILL IN A RELATIONSHIP (THIS WAS OUR ONLY ISSUE - GAMBLING)...THE PROBLEM IS THE JUDGE RULLED THAT SHE CAN'T HAVE ANY CONTACT WITH ANY OF THE VICTIMS (I AM LISTED AS ONE OF THE VICTIMS) FOR HER 3YRS PROBATION...CAN I GET THIS REVERSED FOR ME...ALL I REQUESTED WAS TO REQUIRE HER TO HAVE PROBATION AND GO TO A PROGRAM...BY THE WAY, SHE WAS DOING VERY WELL BEFORE HER COURT DATE AND GOING TO GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS 3 TO 5 DAYS A WEEK , AND REALLY REALIZED SHE HAD A PROBLEM SHA NEVER FACED BEFORE...THANKS FOR YOU INPUT...(RODGER)
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, the only option that your girlfriend might have is to have her attorney file a Motion to Modify the Terms of Probation and to terminate this no contact order, however it would be an uphill legal task if the judge in fact already expressly refused to lift the no contact order.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.