CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Does a small stream walk and wade (no boats used) fly fishing

Customer Question

Does a small stream walk and wade (no boats used) fly fishing guide required to carry liability insurance?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 years ago.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

William B. Esq. :

While there is no general rule or requirement for you to be insured for this type of venture, some fishing guides (or similar businesses) do choose to carry insurance, but do so as a business decision instead of a statutory issue.

William B. Esq. :

By keeping your risk very small as you have proposed, the cost of insurance is likely to be very low as well. You may or may not wish to purchase insurance, but an insurance broker can tell you how much it would be to cover you in the unlikely event there was an accident during one of your trips that somehow raised an issue of liability. The benefit of insurance is that the carrier will step in and defend you so that you do not put your own assets (or the assets of the company) at risk.

William B. Esq. :

I hope that my answer was of assistance to you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you for your business!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you.

Dear Customer, you are welcome. I do wish you the very best in your new venture if you later have any questions regarding creating a limited liability company or corporation as you grow your business, please do not hesitate to ask.