You are very welcome, M. Since the child is 19.... how on Earth can she still be coming after us.... his 2003 tax return......Ridiculous GREED!!!!! This should be OVER but she still finds ways to come after us. I'm tired and what can we do to "bite back".....
She is likely stating that he still owes her arrears because the original calculation was not proper, and thus recalculated, he would still owe her money and did not pay her enough.
Bob may wish to consider threatening her with malicious prosecution
. This is a suit where a party is attacked for frivolous litigation
. The elements of malicious prosecution are:
(1) A criminal or civil judicial proceeding has been commenced against the plaintiff in the malicious prosecution action;
(2) the proceeding was instigated by the defendant in the malicious prosecution action;
(3) the proceeding has ended in favor of the plaintiff in the malicious prosecution action;
(4) the proceeding was instigated with malice;
(5) without probable cause and
(6) resulted in damage to the plaintiff in the malicious prosecution action.Kalt v. Dollar Rent-A-Car, 422 So.2d 1031, 1032 (Fla. 3d DCA 1982)
Such a threat may make her think twice before engaging in further litigation.
Please note: I aim to give you genuine
information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.
Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY
button to keep chatting, or RATE
your rating when we are finished.