How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an account with newport news and tne last puechase I

This answer was rated:

I had an account with newport news and tne last puechase I made was in 2008 of $44.00 to date ibave charges of over $1000.00 all are late and interest charges and the bank will not send me full statments
So I can see what I am being chaged for what can I do
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist you.

As you are the account holder, you are entitled to a detailed accounting of your account with this creditor. You should send a written request to the creditor asking for a full accounting, and if they refuse, you can actually file a lawsuit to compel the accounting from the creditor - - which will result in the judge ordering the creditor to produce the detailed accounting.

You can also file a complaint against the creditor with the Federal Trade Commission for its actions and failure to provide the accounting. You can fill out the complaint online:

Hopefully, a written request for a detailed accounting will get you the information. I hope this answers your questions, but if you need anything further, please let me know.
Roger and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you