Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

If I suspect someone of invading my privacy and disseminating

If I suspect someone of invading my privacy and disseminating private information about me onto the internet, tracking my cellular device and listening in on my phone-calls through a smart-phone spy application, how do I get this individual to stop what they are doing without taking them to court or suing them?

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

You can report them to the police but the police are generally terrible about pursuing these types of cases because they are so difficult.

JD 1992 :

Other than that there is really no way to force them to stop short of court intervention and an injunction or some other court order.

JD 1992 :

I waited in the chat for a while but the website is showing you are offline so I will save and exit so I can assist others. You can respond and ask any follow up questions you have at your convenience. If you don't have any follow up questions I would ask that you issue a positive rating but if you still have things you want to discuss, please don't issue a rating until we are through.

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.