How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know if I can switch to another Lawyer if I am not

This answer was rated:

I need to know if I can switch to another Lawyer if I am not happy with the Lawyer I have now. Her name isXXXXX Tomlinson of Jamaica Plain, MA. She has been sick since last year and did not tell me until I finally got her on her cell phone a week before the 4th of July. She did tell me she was out of work in November and would be back in April. I kept calling her in April until July and she is still out of work. I have a personal Injury case and she filed in 2012 with the Courts the state of limitations and the case will be 5 years old on August 18th. I need to know if I can find another Lawyer who can take over my case, and work with me like a Lawyer should. I am so disappointed in her. I am so sorry she is sick. I feel she could have given the case to another Lawyer in her Office and I asked her to do that and no response. Can you please tell me what to do. I am a good person. I was hit by a Van in August 08 in Chelsea on Court St. My deposition was cancelled so she could go on vacation and when Attorney Tomlinson got back from vacation she got sick....Can someone please help me. My name isXXXXX Blake, I live in Chelsea, I do not work, I am on disability now because I can not work anymore. Thank you for your help.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am very sorry about your unfortunate situation.

You can consult and retain any other local personal injury attorney in your area, however your current attorney might file a lien on your case for any fees that are due for any legal work she has already done.

Also, if your current attorney is not communicating with you properly and is not properly pursuing your personal injury case, you can file a formal complaint against this current attorney with the Massachussets State Bar. Here is the link that explains the process:

Also, you can use these well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites to find another experienced personal iinjury attorney in your area:

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you