How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We had a judgement filed against us by our HOA. We have been

This answer was rated:

We had a judgement filed against us by our HOA. We have been paying $300/month to satisfy the judgement and to pay on current dues. As of 4/22/2013 the bank foreclosed on our home and we continued to pay on the judgement by the HOA. This week we had a hand written sticky note from the HOA and our check returned to us that states: "Property was taken over by bank, who is now making payments. Payments from you are no longer needed." We figure we still owed around $445 to satisfy the judgement. What should we do?

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Have you contact the HOA about this? If so, what was their response?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have sent them an email asking if the debt has been satisfied. I am still waiting for a response from them.

Hello again, Stacey, and thank you for providing this additional information.

This sounds like a mistake since the bank would not typically pay on your judgment, but pay the dues that accrue after ownership passes to them.

At this point, I would typically wait to hear a response to your e-mail or, if it has been more than a week since you attempted to contact them, I would try to call them and document your call.

You will normally want to request that they file a satisfaction of judgment if they indicate that the judgment has been satisfied since that is required to be filed with the court to show the debt has been paid and would typically relieve you from any further obligation on the debt.

If you cannot obtain a satisfactory explanation or confirm that a satisfaction of judgment is being filed, I would send a request by certified mail so you have proof you attempted to resolve this matter and reference the letter indicating you are no longer obligated to pay on the judgment.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!


Tina and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.


Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.