How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28371
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am still going thru a divorce where I had a trial and I was

Customer Question

I am still going thru a divorce where I had a trial and I was hoping to resolve all issues before the judge. But my lawyer kept telling me we couldn't. Now he wrote the judge after she made her decision to provide clarification and that i in some many words want to go to court again to resolve remaining issues. He lied to the judge and twisted my words. How can I let the judge know that I am being misrepresented in this regard. I have already been delayed now going on 2 1/2 years because of ex husband and now my lawyer is wanting to keep prolonging everything. I need somehow to let the judge know this is not the truth on all what he is saying and he did not inform me that he was doing this.PLease Help!!!
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. What is it exactly that the attorney is lying about? I can understand the need for clarification if something in the order signed by the Judge is not clear but need you to clarify for me what they attorney is doing to harm you at this time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well the judge awarded me attorney fees, along with other finacial things he owes and is giving my ex 30 days to pay. Judge was very clear and those were all the things i wanted and she is trying to finish the matters for me because she realized that my ex has delayed in everything pertaining the divorce case. Well months ago the firm told me that the remaining division of a private investment cant be done at trial, but my lawyer did question him on those issues. The judge granted him to pay that in 30days as well. But my lawyer behind my back has said I requested clarification on the LLC's matters and that I did not anticipate to that the trial would resolve all remaining issues. Which is not true. That is what the firm told me that I could not do at trial. So they are twisting the truth and saying as if I want to go to court again. But i want to go thru paperwork or hold my ex in contempt if he doesnt pay. I dont want to go to court and pay more attorney fees and my lawyer knows this. How can I let the judge know Im being wrongly represented? He is also telling her I want to probably motion to compel which drags everything out longer. I told him repeatedly I want this over but he has been tricking me and double talking.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 years ago.
Rachel, thank you for the additional information and I certainly understand. Your ex does need to comply with the court order. If he fails to pay within the 30 days, you have every legal right to take him back to court and ask the Judge to hold him in contempt. While I know you do not want to have to do this, since it will only result in additional delay, it is what must be done to essentially force him to pay. If this happens, the Judge can order that he pay additional attorney fees, since the cause of this is his own action. As far as the issue with your attorney, if you feel that are not properly representing you at this time, you can always discharge/fire them and bring in new counsel or handle the matter from here on out, pro se. Your attorney should inform you of all decisions and actions regarding your case and the reason on how they want to proceed.If they are twisting the truth, you need to confront them and demand an explanation, since they are acting contrary to what you would likely to happen. They is always proper procedure to resolve issues but if they are doing something to hurt the case and drag it on, which is not necessarily, you need to step in and question them and then determine if you want them representing you or if you want to fire them.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!