Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My passport and birth certificate were lost or stolen. I do

Customer Question
have: social security card, declaration...
My passport and birth certificate were lost or stolen. I do have: social security card, declaration of legal name change, drivers license, and divorce papers. Social Security has all my 3 different names on file. I have an ancient passport from when I was married 50 years ago.

I want to go to Canada and heard I might be able to get some kind of card for that???

But I really want a passport so I can really travel.

If you can advise me, I will be very grateful. Thank you.

Born Marjorie Ann Larson, 1939, Connecticut.

Married as Maud Reinertsen

At age 50, became Arisa Victor
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Legal
7/7/2013
Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Attorney replied 4 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney

Hello and Welcome, My name is Andrea and my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

You can get your Birth Certificate from the Department of Vital Statistics and take that with your driver's license and your Social Security Card to any US Post Office because they have applications for passports. You can fill it out right there, pay the fee and they will send it for processing. You cannot use a passport for official identification if it expired more than 15 years ago. Believe me, I know, I am in the situation,

__________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

My whole problem is that I don't have my birth certificate, and was given the run-around when I tried to get it from Connecticut. I even called them by phone and was rebuffed. When I search online, there is no official "Bureau of Vital Statistics" - just a long list of offers to help, with money up front and no guarantee. I could go broke and never get my certificate. This is all very puzzling and upsetting to me. I sorry but your answer was not helpful. I already knew what you said and it doesn't get me anywhere. Originally I tried to contact a passport lawyer, but was shunted over to you. I just can't say that I'm satisfied.

Here is the Official Website of the Connecticut Department of Public Health,

http://www.ct.gov/dph/cwp/view.asp?a=3132&q=388130&dphNav=|46940|&dphNav_GID=1601

You can get the form from that website, then fill it out and send it to the Office of Vital Records in the Town in which you were born

_____________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney