How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29820
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When you put "SEE" and put a reference, say something like see

Customer Question

When you put "SEE" and put a reference, say something like

see also Wright v. J.E. Bach & Assocs., Civ. A. No.
95-2056 SSH, 1996 WL 636439, at *1 (D.D.C. Oct. 24, 1996) ("This dismissal is with prejudice,
as the Court determines that the delay in prosecution of this claim has resulted in prejudice to
this defendant.").

Do I need to attach the physical reference to my motion? i'm trying to use a reference in my argument, but do I actually need the documents with me or is it ok that I just post the reference of where I got it?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

My name is Lucy and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

When the reference is only a a Westlaw reference, and it's not published in one of the reporters, a copy of the case should be attached to the motion. The judge and the opposing side each get a copy. This is primarily because not everyone uses Westlaw, and the unreported cases are not the same on each of the services that are used.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.