How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7305
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother had a stroke and can not speak or walk. he is rehab

This answer was rated:

My brother had a stroke and can not speak or walk. he is rehab and will be there for
100 days. My brother has 4 children and two x's. we want to move him to his own
house that he recently rented out in San Pedro (rent control area) and the party has an
adult that is really sick.
can we break the rental contract (6 years) as an emergency for my brother to move in
and hire caregivers and I am being appointed as his conservator by the Los Angeles
I would really appreciate your help in answer, thank you... Carmen Leone

Hello. I'm truly sorry about your brother's situation. Although one might think otherwise due to the circumstances, unless the lease provides the landlord with the right to cancel for an emergency, neither your brother nor his caretaker has the legal power to cancel the lease and force the tenant to move. You must wait until the lease expires and then give the tenant an adequate notice of non-renewal if your brother still needs to live there at that time.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.

Irwin Law and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you